Los Angeles is the center for the film and television industry in America. Studios like Paramount Pictures or Universal and Warner Brothers provide behind-the-scenes tours near Hollywood. This city holds many varieties.
It is the entertainment capital with a cultural mecca containing world-class museums and ideal weather to attract tourists from all over the world. It holds many festivals and events every year. It is the only North American city which is known for the walk of Fame’s collection of stars. Here are some events in Los Angeles to guide you on your tour to this distinctive city.
It is the only place to host the Summer Olympics twice and it is likely to hold the same event in 2028 the third time. It’s the country’s metropolitan area and an arts center to offer 23000 art jobs. It leads as a Tech center along with medical services/biomedical activities and aerospace employees. There are some annual events that add to the attraction of the city. Let us discuss each one of them month by month:-
- January → Pasadena:- It is a tournament of roses for the New Year Celebration in Pasadena. It is a way to greet the world on the first day of the year by saluting the love of pageantry and the spirit of the community. This tournament has an awesome Rose parade and Rose Bowl game, which is unique in its own way.
- Golden Globe Awards:- These events feature prestigious awards for the entertainment industry presented by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. It is staged at Beverly Hilton and is the beginning of all award ceremonies.
- February → Grammy Awards:- It’s a permanent celebration at Staples Center where the music industry celebrates its best of the year. It is a star-studded award function with dozens of live performances and worldwide broadcasts.
- Academy Awards:- It is an oldest entertainment award ceremony to celebrate the year’s best cinema at Dolby Theatre in Highland and Hollywood.
- March → LA Marathon:- This citywide Marathon started in 1986 features 20,000 participants from 50 countries each year. It’s a 26.2 miles race from Dodger Stadium to Santa Monica Beach.
- April → Fiesta Broadway:- This event takes place on the last Sunday of April with guests to enjoy live music, food, fun, and games all across LA. It is the world’s largest billed celebration.
- May → Battleship IOWA Memorial Day:- This event is a tribute to the sailors, soldiers, and airmen who sacrificed their lives in Armed Services. It includes music performance, movie screening, and ship tours for family and friends.
- NOHO Theatre and Art Festival:- It is one of the largest and longest theatres and art celebrations in Southern California with live music, theatre, dance, craft, fine arts, and food from all over the world. This free two-day festival is a unique art and culture event for the whole family and features an art exhibition, international food court, music, and theatre performance.
- July 4th Fireworks Hollywood Bowl:- At Hollywood bowl with music acts and fireworks displayed outdoors.
- August → Japanese Festival:- Is a Nisei Week event in Little Tokyo district of America including a queen and a court, a parade, food vendors, and other activities to celebrate Japanese American culture.
Besides these there are also other popular ones like Emmy Awards, Halloween Carnivals and Aids Walk, Auto Show at Convention Center, Hollywood Christmas Parade at Chandler Pavilion and Boat Parade
Hence, to summarize it is suggested that if you are planning a visit to LA choose the appropriate month if you are a music and movie lover. If you really want to have an awesome tour with your family. Don’t go with the misconceptions and deprive yourself of a wonderful visit.