QuickBooks and Sage are two most known competitors in the field of accounting applications. Intuit Inc. and The Sage Group started their journey in the 1980s. Although they had initially desktop-based software tools, users can now access the Cloud platform. You may choose any of these platforms based on your preferences and needs. Small businesses use QuickBooks Simple Start, QuickBooks Pro, and Sage Start-Up. However, the growing businesses need to choose between QuickBooks Enterprise and Sage 50.
From a detailed comparison of these two applications, we have found that QuickBooks Online is a better option. The 1099 tracking tool of this application is not present in Sage 50 Cloud. What’s more, the monthly pricing rate for QuickBooks Online is higher than that of Sage 50 Cloud. While you are using Sage 50 Cloud, you can move to QuickBooks without damaging your files.
Have a view at the brief guide on how to migrate from Sage 50 to QuickBooks.
- Windows 8/8.1/10 OS
- 500 MHz Intel Pentium II Processor
- 512 MB RAM
- 2.5 GB hard drive
- MS .Net framework Version 2.0
- Sage 50 Version 2013
Things that are convertible–
- Employee Profile
- Contact details
- Payroll General Ledger (information related to your account balance)
- Account balances
- Lists of vendors, customers, accounts, items, and employees
- Individual employee wage
- Payroll transactions
- Payroll items for paycheck calculation and medical insurance
When your Sage 50 is in the US version, you will get the US edition of QuickBooks Desktop software.
Initial steps for the migration
The most important thing is to store your files locally to keep away from the conversion tool error.
Your device must have QB Desktop application. Ensure that you have saved your QB Desktop and Sage 50 data on the local hard drive. Before starting the migration process, you must check out this storage. When the data file is present on the server, it is essential to transform it on your server PC.
Sage 50 configuration
- Open the application and the file to be converted.
- Choose the Maintain option present in the main menu.
- Go to Users and click on Setup Security.
- Then, hit the Crystal Reports tab and find login details.
- Choose the option, Change and enter the password.
After setting the new password, you have to click on the OK button.
- Install your QB Conversion Tool.
- Open the right folder stored in the downloaded file.
- Right-click on your tool icon and go to Properties.
- Use Compatibility mode to click on the checkbox
- From the Windows OS dropdown, you can select OK
- Right-click on the.exe file and choose the Run as Administrator option
Data conversion process
- Choose the Browse option of your conversion tool.
- Access your Sage 50 company file that you have to convert
- Find the DSN Setup window, you will get an access to the Sage 50 company file.
- Choose the OK button of the Database Name dropdown menu.
- Input the new password and choose Next.
- Find your QB Desktop version into which you have to move your Sage data. While inputting the Company File name, you have to avoid using symbols, like <?*&.
- From the Browse menu, you have to access your folder and store the converted data. My Documents folder is the default location, and you may choose any other location.
- Review your inputs. Choose the option, Convert File and turn on the conversion process.
- You will launch QuickBooks with the Application Certificate window.
- Choose the Continue option and select Yes.
Check the conversion
It is the final step where you have to choose the option- Open in QuickBooks. Go through your QB data and ensure that there is no error. Steps for the review process-
- Go to the Start menu
- Choose File Explorer.
- From the C drive, you have to check your failed transaction log file. In this step, you can find the transferred data.
We have provided you with a guide to moving from Sage 50 to QuickBooks. Still, you may rely on QB Techs for seamless and error free migration process. Moreover, while you are managing the process on your own, you need much time to do it. There is also a risk of data loss. Professionals will also enable you to move several files, like Payables, Receivables, and Chart of Accounts.